A taste inspired from the absolute mediterranean beauty of Sophia Loren, enjoyed with the Acropolis in the background and named after its World Class glory*.
• 1/2 oz (15ml) Roots Mastiha • 1 2/3 oz (50ml) Ciroc vodka • 1/2 oz (15ml) pomegranate syrup • 2/3 oz (20ml) fresh lemon juice • 3 dashes rosewater • 1/2 oz (15ml) egg white
dry shake, add 1/5 oz (7ml) Punt e Mes and top up with soda, in a goblet glass.
* Thodoris was the winner of Diageo World Class Greece 2013 and a Global finalist, with the Mediterranean Glory Fizz and other recipes
A fresh sea breeze around Milan’s Navigli canal district. Artisanal tastes meet the world capital of fashion and design.
• 2 1/3 oz (70 ml) Roots Mastiha • 1 1/3 oz (40 ml) rose’s lime juice • 1/2 oz (15 ml) fresh lime juice
Stir and strain and use an old fashioned glass. top with Valencia bitter orange foam and garnish with a twist of orange.
A punk guitar player barman, Roots Rakomelo and spicy ginger beer. Get Your Kicks on Roots 66!
• 1 2/3 oz (50ml) Roots Rakomelo • 4 lime wedges • 2 dashes angostura bitters • 1/3 oz (10ml) orgeat syrup • top up with Pimento Ginger Beer
Muddle & build in a tall cool jar. add crushed ice and garnish with pink grapefruit.
Office hours on the beach and an Ace Tentura by a notorious bar figure after work. ‘Me gusta la canela’* on the Athens sea front.
• 1 oz (30ml) Roots Tentura • 1 oz (30ml) dark rum • 2/3 oz (20ml) lime juice • 1 oz (30ml) passion fruit puree caramel syrup
Build & swizzle in an iron mug and add crushed ice. Garnish with passion fruit slice and a cherry.
A handcrafted custom made glass for a one-of-a kind honey and lavender nectar. Enjoy it with your honey.
• 2 oz (60ml) Roots Rakomelo infused with lavender sticks and orange zest • 1 oz (30ml) pink grapefruit juice • 2/3 oz (20ml) lemon juice • 1 egg white • 2 dashes chocolate bitters
Dry shake, optionally with a spring inside the shaker for better foam. the glass used here is a handcrafted ‘patent’ of the bar, alternatively use a tiki glass. Garnish with bitter chocolate pieces, cinnamon sticks and lavender.
Family matters in Italy, as much as great cocktail ingredients for a perfectionist. Roots Tentura is part of this closed ‘famiglia’ now.
• 2/3 oz (20ml) Roots Tentura • 2/3 oz (20ml) cachaça • 1 1/3 oz (40ml) apple Juice • 1/3 oz (10ml) fresh lime Juice • 1/3 oz (10ml) Honey Syrup (1:1)
Use a classic martini glass and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Danger always has a sweet side. An adventurous safari of tastes in an originally cool, illustrative and playful place.
• 2 oz (60ml) Roots Herb Spirit • 2/3 oz (20ml) kitro (citrus) of naxos liqueur • 2/3 oz (20ml) fresh lime juice • 4 basil leaves • 2/3 oz (20ml) honey syrup (2 honey : 1 water) • 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar
Serve in a jar or old fashioned glass. Garnish with basil leaves and slices of orange and citrus.
A mighty Julep with the mighty Roots Herb Spirit. Vigorous bartender Alexandros claims he was just thinking of a mermaid on the making.
• 1 5/6 oz (55ml) Roots Herb Spirit • 2/3 oz (20ml) lemon&lime sherbet • 1/2 oz (15ml) fresh lemon juice • 1 dash angostura bitters • 3 cucumber slices • 8 mint leaves • top up with Soda
In a Julep tin and (optionally) an iron straw, garnish with a cinnamon stick and two cucumber slices.
Like every captain with his crew, El Capitano is strong and tender. Tequila with orange flavors and Roots Tentura.
• 1 oz (30ml) roots tentura infused with orange • 2 oz (60ml) Tequila Don Julio añejo • 1/3 oz (10ml) triple Sec • 2 dashes angostura bitters
Stir and roll and use a nice coupette glass.
The panorama of Ag. Eirinis square is ideal to send sweet kisses to passers-by. Roots Mastiha simply elevates the spot and the moment.
• 2 oz (60 ml) Roots Mastiha • 1 oz (30 ml) Honey - thyme syrup • 1 oz (30 ml) lemon juice • Basil foam
Use a martini Glass and garnish with basil leaves.
Hindi ‘panch‘ was sent to England from India by sailors of the British East India Company in the early seventeenth century. Later on Jamaican rum came into use in the modern punch. Today the ‘game‘ is on in the heart of Athens with the original Roots Herb Spirit punch.
• 2 oz (60ml) roots herb Spirit • 2/3 oz (20ml) fresh lemon juice • 1/2 oz (15ml) ginger syrup • 1/2 oz (15ml) cucumber syrup • 1/4 oz (7.5ml) vanilla madagascar syrup
Shake with ice and strain into a highball glass filled with crushed ice, garnish with slice of cucumber, mint and grated nutmeg on top.
As chic and classy as muddling can get. Instead of a squash game after work, squash some lime and get the honey juice.
• 1 1/3 oz (40ml) Roots Rakomelo • 2/3 oz (20ml) dark rum • 1/2 lime • 2/3 oz (20 ml) syrup or 1 teaspoon sugar • 1/2 oz (15ml) lime juice
Muddle the lime with the syrup and the lime juice and top up with fentiman’s ginger ale. Serve in a tall glass, garnished with mint flowers.