With Roots Rakomelo, Aperol , Rye Whiskey and mandarin juice it just calls for the beauty of simplicity; The natural sweetness of honey and mandarin create an authentic and refreshing smoothness - in a classic italian style.
equal parts; • 1 oz (30ml) Roots Rakomelo • 1 oz (30ml) Rye Whiskey • 1 oz (30ml) Aperol •1 oz (30ml) fresh mandarin juice • 2-3 dashes coriander bitters
Shake with ice and double strain in a martini glass. Garnish with mint leaves, lemon twist, orange slice.
With Roots Mastiha, gin, lemon juice, ginger and some Fernet Branca it brings up an imperial yet mediterranean character. “Tempest Bebende!“ (Latin;It‘s time to drink) !
• 1 2/3 oz (50ml) Gin • 1/3 oz (10ml) Roots Mastiha • 2/3 oz (20ml) ginger syrup • 1/3 oz (10ml) Fernet Branca • 1/2 oz (15ml) fresh lemon juice
Shake with ice and strain in a highball glass. Top up with soda and spray with patchouli. Garnish with a lemon slice and rosemary.
*‘Experimental’ is the successful experiment that won the friendly Jerry Thomas Speakeasy contest last December in Rome.
Ela Edo (Come here or έλα εδώ in greek) is an all mediterranean mix. It marries Roots Mastiha with Cognac, brine (*salt water from the olive jar) and sage in Milan’s exquisite spot at the canals.
• 3/4 oz (22,5ml) Roots Mastiha • 1 1/2 oz (45ml) Cognac • 1/2 oz (15ml) Jameson whiskey • 1/6 oz (5ml) brine* • 3 slices cucumber peel • 1 lemon peel • 1 sage leef • 1/6 oz (5ml) gum syrup • 3 dashes celery bitters
Stir with the lemon peel and the sage and strain in a coupette glass, Garnish with sage.
Who says a mule and an iron mug don’t fit in a five-star place? Roots Mastiha, with kum quat fruit and ginger beer certainly do fit with a mule in a most impressive bar. Served in a custom made ‘cocktail first - question later’ mug.
• 1 1/2 oz (45ml) Roots Mastiha • muddle 2 kum quat fruits • 2-3 mint leaves • squeeze half lime
Shake with ice and double strain in a mule mug. Top up with ginger beer.
In Kentucky it is all about bourbon and basketball. A new classic match; Roots Tentura and Bourbon Whiskey. An up and coming mix in an up and coming neighbourhood. And we also love this game.
• 1 1/3 oz (40ml) Bourbon Whiskey • 1 1/3 oz (40ml) Roots Tentura • 2/3 oz (20ml) fresh lime juice • 2 dashes cherry bitters • 1 barspoon orange marmalade
Shake with ice and double strain in an old fashioned glass. Garnish with an orange zest.
A most unexpected concoction delivers the most impressive results. Roots Mastiha with smoked whisky and cherry tomatoes from the Mastiha experts -it is a revelation.
• 1 2/3 oz (50ml) Roots Mastiha • 1 oz (30ml) fresh lime juice • 1/3 oz (10ml) simple syrup • 1/6 oz (5ml) chilli syrup • 1/6 oz (5ml) Laphroaig Whisky • 1/3 tsp (1,25ml )indian black salt • 2 cherry tomatoes
Muddle the cherry tomatoes with the salt and shake with ice. Garnish with basil leaves in a martini glass.
Floating Roots Herb Spirit on top of this cocktail, ‘cuts’ to the chase and transforms it in an essential manner. Some say it lets you float until the early hours, because here the night is always young.
• 1 1/2 oz (45ml) aged Rum • 5/6 oz (25ml) gin • 5/6 oz (25ml) Metaxa • 5/6 oz (25ml) lime juice • 5/6 oz (25ml) simple syrup • 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
Shake with ice, float 5/6 oz (25ml) Roots Herb Spirit in a ‘vintage’ glass.
An uptown stimulating smoothie the ‘brazilian way’ in a mystical terrace. With banana,Cachaça, Tentura and spices. Com certeza!
• 1 2/3 oz (50ml) Cachaça • 2/3 oz (20ml) Roots Tentura • 2/3 oz (20ml) fresh lime juice • 2/3 oz (20ml) palm and vanilla infused syrup • 1 dash Angostura bitters • 1 pinch grated cardamom • 1 pinch grated nutmeg • 1 banana • 150gr. crushed ice
Put all ingredients for 30 sec in the blender. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and spices.
*song by Cody Chesnutt, R&B and soul singer, composed and performed with ‘The Roots’.
A classic cocktail or a classic derby. In the first the winner is Herb Spirit. Enjoying it in a most cozy place with friends you are always a winner, regardless of the ‘winner’ of the second.
• 1 oz (30ml) Roots Herb Spirit • 2/3 oz (20ml) Vodka • 2/3 oz (20ml) honey syrup • 1/2 oz (15ml) fresh lime juice • 5/6 oz (25ml) fresh orange juice • 1 -2 dashes grapefruit bitters
Shake with ice and double strain in coupette glass. Garnish with an orange zest and fresh mint.. (Optional)
A quintessential mix of Roots Tentura with Rum. A great pair with loukoumades a.k.a sweet pastries commonly spiced with cinnamon in a honey syrup. Not surprisingly they are served at the same time!
• 1 1/3 oz (40ml) Roots Tentura • 2/3 oz (20ml) Rum • 1/2 oz (15ml) orgeat syrup • 1/2 oz (15ml) passion fruit puree • 2/3 oz (20ml) fresh grapefruit juice • 2/3 oz (20ml) fresh lime juice
Shake with ice and double strain in an old fashioned glass. Garnish with a grapefruit ‘spiral’.
In a Brooklyn style american bar, Roots Rakomelo, spiced rum, orange juice and ginger beer, or ‘Laurence’ as Christian calls her, make for an awesome american - mediterranean fusion.
• 1 oz (30ml) Roots Rakomelo • 1 oz (30ml) spiced Rum • 1/2 oz (15ml) fresh lime juice • 1/2 oz (15ml) fresh lemon juice • 1 sugar cube
Build in the glass and top up with ginger beer. Spray ‘l’artiglio del tigre’ bitter and garnish with ginger, cinnamon, mint and an orange slice.
Even if you are not on a honeymoon, this dessert - cocktail makes you feel ‘Just Married’. With Roots Rakomelo, Valpolicella and vanilla syrup there is no better place for a real Honeymoon.
• 1 1/3 oz (40ml) Roots Rakomelo • 2/3 oz (20ml) Recioto della Valpolicella • 1/3 oz (10ml) vanilla syrup • 4 dashes Jerry Thomas bitters
Top with double cream and grate some persimmon. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and star anise.
A cool summer breeze in North Athens. Roots Herb Spirit with ananas can be extremely refreshing. George knows the way; summertime and the living is easy.
• 1 1/2 oz (45ml) Roots Herb Spirit • 1 oz (30ml) anana puree • 2/3 oz (20ml) fresh lime juice • 1/2 oz (15ml) Falernum
Swizzle with crushed ice in a cool jar. Garnish with ananas and mint.
Winner of a Botanist Gin Competition, this amalgamation takes you straight to the lovely Greek island of Syros, where the smell of lavender and pine is prominent in summer months.
• 2/3 oz (20ml) Roots Mastiha • 2/3 oz (20ml) Botanist Gin • 2/3 oz (20ml) Strega • 2/3 oz (20ml) fresh grapefruit juice
Shake with ice and double strain in a martini glass with no ice. Garnish with lemon zest.
The union of Roots Rakomelo with Campari create a classic bitter-honey-sweet sip to complement perfectly a vermouth. Astonishing match from the freshest crew in town.
• 1 2/3 oz (50ml) Lillet blanc • 2/3 oz (20ml) Roots Rakomelo • 1/3 oz (10ml) Campari • 1/3 oz (10ml) vanilla syrup • 2 dash orange bitters
Roll and garnish with a dried orange slice.
A real storm of ingredients. In an explosive and creative area of Athens they know how to handle such events.
• 1 oz (30ml) Roots Herb Spirit • 1 oz (30ml) white rum • 1 oz (30ml) ananas puree • 1/2 oz (15ml) Grand Orange liqueur • 1/2 oz (15ml) Falernum • 1/3 oz (10ml) simple syrup • orange & mandarin peel • 2 dashes old fashioned bitters
Shake with ice and double strain in a highball glass. Garnish with cinnamon, mint and orange peel.